IMAP Auth missing features

IMAP Auth missing features

by Gabriele Carioli -
Number of replies: 0

Hi everybody

First of all, apologies for my bad english.

i'm trying to authenticate users using the IMAP authentication plugin.

The first issue I'm asking a is about multiple IMAP server configuration.

In my institution teachers and students authenticate on different servers, but the imap plugin allows only one server to be configured.

As a workaround I was thinking to use IMAP auth for teachers and POP3 auth for students, but it would be nice to be able to specify more servers at once, with the user inserting the full email address and the plugin connecting with the right server and an option to strip email part from the username in order to authenticate on imap server.

I tried to "clone" the IMAP plugin giving it a different name in order to have a 2nd IMAP auth, but my skills in programming the moodle framework are zero and I think this is not the right way.

The second issue is about passing back to moodle the email possibly used as username for IMAP authentication.

In those cases when the user must authenticate via IMAP using the full email address it would be nice to add that address to the user profile so that the user does not need to add it again. 

Wouldn't it be possible to add an option to the imap auth module to export the email, when available, to moodle?

G.

Average of ratings: -