LDAP Authentication - Auto cohorts and Mails

LDAP Authentication - Auto cohorts and Mails

by Vijay Shrinivas -
Number of replies: 3

Hello All,

We have set up LDAP authentication and users are created in moodle as and when a user is created in the AD.

Since, the users are automatically created on moodle, I don't receive an alert to send a welcome mail to new users. Also, we have few cohorts which I am currently enrolling users. I would need help in the following

1. Is there a solution to make moodle send a welcome mail to all new users created on moodle as a result of the ldap sync?

2. Is there a method to auto add users to specific cohorts based on their user details like department name?

Any help / suggestions much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Vijay  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vijay Shrinivas

Re: LDAP Authentication - Auto cohorts and Mails

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

1.  No.  Asides from self-registration, welcome emails are normally attached to enrollment rather than registration.

2.  It appears there was a script at some point that used to sync LDAP to cohorts but it looks like it is not being supported any more.  However, you can use LDAP enrollment to sync users to courses.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Emma Richardson

by Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla -

hello @Emma 

Any new developments regarding LDAP and auto cohort syncing feature?

In reply to Nadirshah Ferozepurwalla

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Not sure - I would check with the developer.