Gradebook Outcomes Item Info in report

Gradebook Outcomes Item Info in report

by Nancy K Hoke -
Number of replies: 4

Greetings - we are currently in Moodle 2.7 and I am testing Moodle 3.1 this summer for upgrading in August. We are looking at Outcomes for fulfilling a Ministry requirement for reporting on the number of students achieving the outcome in the course and where the outcome was measured. We are an Engineering University in the UAE - and currently exams are still paper and pencil and we do not use Moodle for any high-level testing. The Ministry needs more data on the results of our outcomes. I been working through Outcomes since they can be created in the gradebook. I have added text in the Item Info box to describe where the outcome is measured - what I can not see is how to provide that column in a report with the student results. Is there a way I can add Item Info to the Excel spreadsheet? Is there a report in a plugin that would allow us to generate a report with the grades - the average and the outcomes that could be stored with the end of term course report? 

Quick screenshot of how I am setting up the Outcome - Thank you for your help - Nancy K. 

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

Re: Gradebook Outcomes Item Info in report

by Sharon Strauss -
Picture of Testers

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for bringing this up. I have the same question. I have not found a front end solution to this, but it seems like we should be able to do an SQL query to get these results.

I will try to look into this further, but perhaps someone else reading this already has a solution?

-Sharon

In reply to Sharon Strauss

by Nancy K Hoke -

Thank you - so much. My colleague is going to be at the Moodle Moot USA - and I will ask if she can find an answer to maybe add it to the development tracker.  Thanks again - Nancy K. 

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It can be added to tracker by anyone.  I would go ahead and add it now.  There is a gradebook working group meeting later this week - if I make the meeting, I will bring this up.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Nancy K Hoke -

Thank you - may I please add one more for the group. We use the gradebook for every class at KU and it is integrated with Banner. At the end of the term we send the final Letter grade from Moodle to Banner. In the gradebook for 3.1 - in clicking on Edit Settings - for the overall gradebook - the page that comes up is Titled Grade Category comes up with an open field for the Category name. This allows the name of the course generated by Banner to be changed - this will affect our integration program. We need a page or fields just for the overall gradebook where the Aggregation can be set but they cannot change the title of the course. 

Gradebook 3.1 Setup page 1

Thank you and the gradebook committee for any help you can provide.