Y.delegate on M3.1

Y.delegate on M3.1

par Gareth J Barnard,
Nombre de réponses : 2
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Plugin developers

Hello,

I've no idea if this is useful, but with Collapsed Topics I've discovered that in M3.1 YUI 'Y.delgate' will fail to work in terms of running the passed function unless the container within the delegated DOM node contains a link ('a' tag) on Safari on iPhone's / iPad's.  It might be that this has always been the case?  But I've implemented MDL-51802 for CT and discovered this.

Cheers,

Gareth

Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Gareth J Barnard

Re: Y.delegate on M3.1

par Tim Hunt,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Documentation writers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Peer reviewers Avatar Plugin developers

Have you made a minimal reproducible test-case for that. I am sure what you describe matches what you saw, but it seems rather implausible. Y.delegate is a fairly thin wrapper around standard DOM events as implemented by web browsers. Presence of absence of a link should not affect that event dispatching mechanism.

En réponse à Tim Hunt

Re: Y.delegate on M3.1

par Gareth J Barnard,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Plugin developers

Nope.  Only though observation and swapping between a version that does have the link and one that does not.  Can only reproduce on a physical iPod Touch anyway, cannot replicate locally with Chrome developer tools emulating as such.