Click on notification does not direct to forum message

Click on notification does not direct to forum message

by Charles Lim -
Number of replies: 6

I received a Mobile push notification on my Android phone, from a News Forum of a course. But when i click on the notification, it does bring me to the New Forum of that course. Is there are way to do that? Or a way to popup the message and highlight which course the message is for? I am using Moodle 2.9. Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charles Lim

Re: Click on notification does not direct to forum message

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Charles,

clicking on that notification should open the "Notifications" page. In that page you should see this last notification with a "View" button. Clicking this view button will redirect you to the forum post.

Right now there's no way to skip this Notifications page and go directly to the forum post.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Charles Lim -

Hi Dani,

Attached are 2 screen capture from my smartphone. 

Screen 1 is the moodle notification that was sent from a News Forum of a Course, Test3.

When i click on the moodle notification, it direct me to Screen 2. It does not direct me to the News Forum page of the Test3.

Regards,

Charles

Attachment Notification.JPG
Attachment Screen it direct from notification.JPG
In reply to Charles Lim

by Dani Palou -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Charles,

that's weird sad

Can you please tell me the device and the Android version you're using?

Also, if you open the side menu of the app, can you see a Notifications option?

screenshot

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Charles Lim -
Hi,

My phone is Samsung S6 Android version 6.0.1

Yes, my Moodle Mobile app has the Notification menu in the sliding menu.

Regards,

Charles
In reply to Charles Lim

by Dani Palou -

Hi Charles,

can you please send us a test account to mobile@moodle.com? We can't reproduce the issue. We'll need a teacher account and a student account to be able to create discussions in the news forum and receive them as the student.

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

by Charles Lim -

Hi Rani,

Has created teacher  and student accounts. Just email to you the login details to mobile@moodle.com

Thanks,

Charles Lim