Assistive Technology Module Online

Assistive Technology Module Online

by Steve Hyndman -
Number of replies: 2

Hello Moodlers,

A couple of years ago, I received a grant to develop online modules in support of an educational technology endorsement program. I hired college faculty and public school teachers to develop a series of self-study online modules based on a format that I developed. In order to make it easy for the developers, I had them create all their content in MS Word for me to reformat to the web once complete.

I've just finished getting one of the modules on the web. It covers Technology for Special Populations (Assistive Technology). It is open to the public on my site and will remain that way. It is created so that everything can be seen/done with guest access with the exception of the quizzes...anyone can create an account, and enroll to do the quizzes if they like. The course is located here:

http://www.kentuckyclassroom.com/teacher/course/view.php?id=145

I have eight other modules on various educational technology topics I will be making available to the public as I get them formatted and posted to on my Moodle site.

On a side note, I'm no expert in assistive technology, so if anyone is really interested in this area and would like to help improve and keep this module updated, please reply here or PM me and we can discuss making you a teacher in the course to help maintain and keep it updated.

Steve

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Hyndman

Re: Assistive Technology Module Online

by Michael Penney -

Very nice work, Steve!

Would you mind if I forwarded your link and message to some other folks in the Cal State system?

The only quibble I have is that when I link to an activity (such as http://www.kentuckyclassroom.com/teacher/mod/resource/view.php?id=1959), I'm stuck, how do I get back tothe lesson (I know, use the Back button, but it would be nice to have navigation built in the activity itself), perhaps the activities could be glossary items so I would get a 'close window' to return me to the main lesson?

In reply to Michael Penney

Re: Assistive Technology Module Online

by Steve Hyndman -

Thanks Michael. Yes, feel free to forward the link to anyone.

Good point about the activities...I'll give the glossary idea a try.

Steve