Competencies and graded item

Competencies and graded item

by Nancy K Hoke -
Number of replies: 1

Greetings - I am experimenting with Competencies - I have worked through framework, added them to the course and I can add the competency to an activity - but I cannot find if I can add a competency to a graded item in the gradebook.  I hope I am just missing it in the settings - this would be a very valuable addition to our reports for the Ministry. Thank you so very much for your help. Nancy K - Abu Dhabi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nancy K Hoke

Re: Competencies and graded item

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Nancy,

I just looked also and I think you cannot add a competency to a manually graded item you have added to the gradebook.

I think you can work around the limitation by creating an assignment and remove all the checkmarks for submission types. Set Activity completion to Show activity as complete when conditions are met, with a condition of, Student must receive a grade to complete this activity.

Being an assignment, you can then of course, add a competency to it. The assignment will show in the gradebook, you will have to add grades manually just as you would for a manual item, and the assignment will include competencies you used during setup.