Users to edit profile pic but not email

Users to edit profile pic but not email

by Kat Wang -
Number of replies: 3

We're on 2.7. Is it possible to set permissions so that a user role is unable to edit profile fields like name and email address, but be able to edit city and profile picture? All I'm seeing is a way to disable editing altogether or just the profile picture. My need specifically is for the users to be able to change their photos but not their email addresses. Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kat Wang

Re: Users to edit profile pic but not email

by Perry Way -

I believe this will require a custom modification. It's the same thing I'd like to do too. If I come up with a solution I will circle back and try to help. But it will take some custom changes to the core Moodle code, just a head's up!

In reply to Perry Way

by Kat Wang -

Hi Perry,

I actually found a solution that worked for us.

You can lock certain user fields so that they can only be edited by system admin while leaving the user to change his or her profile picture at leisure.

From the Site Administration block -> Plugins -> Authentication -> Manual Accounts. in that screen, you can choose what user fields to lock.

Hope this helps!

-Kat

In reply to Kat Wang

by Perry Way -

Oh joy! Perhaps this is a new feature with the latest version(s) of Moodle? Looks great! Yahoo! big grin