storefilecannot read

storefilecannot read

by Hittesh Ahuja -
Number of replies: 4

Hi ,

We are having intermittent issues where certain file submissions are not being read by Moodle. For example, as we can see from here , the student has indeed uploaded the file to Moodle and we can confirm this by looking at the logs for that user. 

Student uploads assignment file

Log of user uploaded assignment

I can also confirm that the file entry exists in the moodle database under mdl_files table with the pathnamehash and contenthash but I cannot seem to find the file stored under the moodlefilestore dir. We are using NFS where the filedir/ sits and we are not able to locate the file under filedir/contenthash path ( xx/xx/........ ) . 

Would anyone know as to why this seems to be an issue ONLY with certain files and not every file uploaded to Moodle. 

using moodle 2.8.11 

Regards,

Hittesh Ahuja

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hittesh Ahuja

Re: storefilecannot read

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Can you turn debugging on and then see what error message appears?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Hittesh Ahuja -

Hi Emma 

I've turned debugging on and I cannot see any errors on the assignment grading page. clicking on the file link still takes me to a ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE page in Chrome as it cannot find the file. 

Regards,

Hittesh 

In reply to Hittesh Ahuja

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What version of Moodle?  For the files that are not being found, can you find anything that is similar (long file name/file type/size/all in a single course etc?)

If there is no apparent link between the missing files, I would suspect that maybe you had a connection issue with your NFS server.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Hittesh Ahuja -

Hi Emma,

Many thanks for your response. We couldn't find any commonality between the files except from the fact that they happened around a time when our Moodle was really struggling to keep up and that must have caused the NFS to chuck some files out ! 

Regards,

Hittesh