My need is that: Moodle Mobile official app work with my own Airnotifier server for Android devices. May I say that there are two stages; first, connect moodle site with Airnotifier server, and the second, to test with Google Cloud Message (GCM).
Unfortunately, I couldn’t succeed in connecting moodle site with Airnotifier server. Below are the steps I have taken:
- Downloaded Airnotifier from https://github.com/moodlehq/airnotifier/tree/moodle2
- Locally installed Airnotifier.
- Edited airnotifier.conf file (https = False) because I still did not get Apple certificate, in addition to that I will use Airnotifier with Android devices.
- Started Airnotifier successfully.
- Created new application: “testo”.
- Created new Access Key.
- In my moodle site, Dashboard ▶︎ Site administration ▶︎ Plugins ▶︎ Message outputs ▶︎ Mobile notifications, I filled all required info.
- Added print_r($resp); to moodle/message/output/airnotifier/classes/manager.php
- Added print_r($resp); die; to moodle/message/output/airnotifier/message_output_airnotifier.php
- In moodle database, the table named mdl_user_devices has two devices; one ios and another android.
- In my moodle site admin account, Dashboard ▶︎ Preferences ▶︎ User account ▶︎ Messaging, "Mobile notifications: No registered devices. Devices will automatically appear after you install the Moodle Mobile app and add this site".
Additionally, no error message appear at the top left.
- Still in the admin account, Dashboard ▶︎ Site administration ▶︎ Plugins ▶︎ Message outputs ▶︎ Mobile notifications, no error message appear at the top left.
- In my moodle site student account, Dashboard ▶︎ Preferences ▶︎ User account ▶︎ Messaging, the following error message appear: "couldn't connect to hostcouldn't connect to host".
- In Airnotifier, there is no any registered token(s) device(s).
I really appreciate any help to accomplish the first stage (connecting moodle site with Airnotifier server).
12 high-resolution screenshots showing steps: https://goo.gl/mifqxu