Scorm files from 1.9 to 2.9

Scorm files from 1.9 to 2.9

by Albert Ramsbottom -
Number of replies: 1

Hi

We will upgrading Moodle 1.9 to 2.9 an some courses have scorms in them.  Would these be compatible with 2.9?? and if not how do I find out what sort of version of scorm they are??

Cheers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

Re: Scorm files from 1.9 to 2.9

by Christopher Mottes -

Hi Albert,

I'm very new to Moodle (2 1/2 months since laid eyes on code) and this is actually my first post smile

Perhaps you found answers already, in which case just disregard.

But I can in part respond as my group is in the process of upgrading from 1.9 to 3.x and in dev we imported a SCORM module used in a course in v1.9 and it displayed fine.

Further (you can find this elsewhere) but Moodle notes it intends to in the future support SCORM version 2004 but does not yet.  If you had a module that worked in 1.9 it would have been in a version of SCORM that would still work, regardless of the version (though I don't know how to find the exact version).

FInally, our group is updating all SCORM content to HTML5.  I believe there is a reason for this, perhaps someone else can explain it better.  If for some reason your SCORM modules were not displaying correctly in 2.9 perhaps it is related to that.