Backup Issue

Backup Issue

by Tarek Raslan -
Number of replies: 4

Hi aLL,

Hope somebody can help me with this, When any admin user login to the portal it downloads a backup of a course as shown in the picture.

i logged out 3 times and logged in again and each time it keeps downloading a file, Can somebody tell me how to stop this as there is several moodle issues appeared to me since that began happening.

Thanks in advance..

Attachment Untitled picture.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tarek Raslan

Re: Backup Issue

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It sounds like something has redirected the login page to the backup file.  I would suspect that your site has been hacked maybe.  Start by looking at the source code for your login page and see if you can see something in there.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tarek Raslan -
Hi Emma, I looked to the source codes and it looks ok, I replaced the Login php file to the original actually and it is still giving me the same issue.
In reply to Tarek Raslan

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

What course is it downloading -maybe take a look at that course and see if anything looks strange there?

In reply to Tarek Raslan

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

That's very strange!!!   What happens when the download is completed?

Uhhhh ... scan the .mbz before attempting to open.

Happens to just admins?  or all users?

Would help to know  ... 'login to the portal' means logging onto Moodle or something else prior to Moodle?

What OS? What version of Moodle (can be found via version.php file in code directory)?   Is it remotely hosted if so is it a shared plan or VPS?  What provider?

Also, turn on debugging by taking the Debug lines from config-dist.php and adding those to config.php.

Let's see if Moodle is actually reporting anything at anytime.

'spirit of sharing', Ken