Rendering math equations (MathJax) in Moodle Mobile 3.1 quiz

Rendering math equations (MathJax) in Moodle Mobile 3.1 quiz

by Manjunath Moodle -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I am testing Moodle Mobile 3.1 for quiz features.  I am not able to the mathematical equations/formulas to render correctly.  They render fine on the web platform though.

Any suggestions to how to get it to work?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manjunath Moodle

Re: Rendering math equations (MathJax) in Moodle Mobile 3.1 quiz

by Manjunath Moodle -

I see someone opened Moodle Tracker MOBILE-1611 for this in the meantime.

We are customizing & re-building the app.  I tried to do bower install MathJax & then include js file along with relevant configuration in the header section of index.html. But formula conversion is still not working while testing on desktop browser.

I would appreciate if someone can suggest the right way to implement this code.

-thanks

In reply to Manjunath Moodle

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

we'll take a look into this, can you send us a Moodle backup containing a quiz (or quizzes) using MathJax?

If that's possible, please send the quiz to mobile@moodle.com (reference in the email this forum post please)

Regards, Juan
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Manjunath Moodle -

Juan,

I have sent the quiz to you over the weekend. Thank you for looking into this.

Regards, 

Manjunath

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Mithil Sharma -

Hi Juan

Moodle mobile is of great advantage - however, could not get the formula quizzes to work on the mobile.

Error:

the quiz can't be attempted in the app because it contain questions not supported by the app: formulas

These are Maths questions, using Mathjax. Can you please advice?

Also, would https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=mod_movilquizlite serve the purpose?

I'm using Moodle 3.1

Thanks and Regards

Mithil

In reply to Mithil Sharma

by Berta Maroto -

Hi,

Unfortunately, this type of quiz is not compatible with the mobile app since it has a non standard question-type plugin.

The only way to integrate this type of quiz (with the formula question) is to ask the developer to add support for mobile following this guideline: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_Mobile_Remote_add-ons

Regards,

Berta