First upgrade of 1000 1.9.18 moodles....

First upgrade of 1000 1.9.18 moodles....

by Albert Ramsbottom -
Number of replies: 1

Went OK but when I got to 2.7 having missed 2.3 as a test I got stuck on Question engine upgrade

Now in 2.2 I went to the question engine upgrade helper and clicked on all 4 links to see what I need to do, and it appeared that two of these were not related to the question engine, namely

Extract Test Case

Configure Cron

So I innored these, as they were not related to the question upgrade

But when I went for 2.7, its was stuck, and couldnt continue until I ran this MySql query

DELETE FROM mdl_quiz_attempts WHERE needsupgradetonewqe = 1;

Now I could do this as there was only one and the site had not been used for 6 years, but on most this action will be too risky.

Anyone know what I might have missed here, apart that is from a 2.3 step in the process

I have uploaded an attachment for the question engine upgrade helper screen

Cheers

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Albert Ramsbottom

Re: First upgrade of 1000 1.9.18 moodles....

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Kinda illustrates why this 'march' needs to stop at versions where there were changes enough to be able to use tools provided to help with the 'march'.   On a previous 'march' of such a system (it's been many, many, many moons ago) I re-call clicking only on the first two links ... until it reported no issues found.   Then, and only then, could one march forward without possible 'catch 22's'.

So maybe the march needs to go from 2.3 -> 2.6 where that tool last appeared - if I re-calll correctly.

Another bump coming up ... themes.   And I'll let you discover that yourself ... can't miss it! ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken