Moodle File Appearance setting not work!

Moodle File Appearance setting not work!

by Iruma Tenji -
Number of replies: 6

Hi all,

I really need help regarding the Moodle File Appearance setting.

in Available display options drop down list, i choose to use Embed, in frame and open. after i change it, nothing is happend, and it just forced the user to download the file instead of open it or view in frame.

Please help!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iruma Tenji

Re: Moodle File Appearance setting not work!

by Adam Olley -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

What type of file is it? If its not something a web browser can display on its own, its likely to just download it instead of display it.

For example, if you're giving it a word file (doc or docx file) then the web browser isn't going to be able to display that as-is and will instead choose to download it.

In reply to Adam Olley

by Iruma Tenji -

It is an image file in .jpg format.

In reply to Iruma Tenji

by Iruma Tenji -
I'm using a module called Dataform, and within have a "File" field.
When i make a changing to File Appearance, it doesn't work at all!
In reply to Iruma Tenji

Re: Moodle File Appearance setting not work in Dataform activity

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've just moved this discussion thread to the Dataform (plugin) forum, as it seems to be specific to this plugin.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle File Appearance setting not work in Dataform activity

by Itamar Tzadok -

Thanks Helen.

Iruma, this post duplicates another post of yours in this forum - How to display uploaded Picture instead of showing the link only?. Please continue the discussion about this in that other thread.

smile