Problem with using new grader front-end

by Guido Roessling -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

I have been testing the new grader front-end as follows:

• Select the assignment and upload a PDF file
  • Log out; log in as the teacher
  • Select the assignment and student for grading - the PDF preview appears.
  • Annotate the PDF (for example, I have highlighted two lines of text)
  • Click on "save" (or whatever the button's exact is in English - our site is in German)
  • Only a popup with "undefined" and a complaint about a non-existing file comes up. It is impossible to save the grades.

In using the "legacy" front-end with debugging on - the new front-end does not seem to display debug information even when this is turned on?!? -, I get the following:

Debug info: [dataroot]/filedir/d6/13/d613d55f37bb76d38d4ffb4b7b83e6c694778c30

Error code: storedfilecannotread

×Stack trace:

line 476 of /lib/filestorage/stored_file.php: file_exception thrown

line 641 of /mod/assign/feedback/editpdf/classes/document_services.php: call to stored_file->copy_content_to()

line 269 of /mod/assign/feedback/editpdf/locallib.php: call to assignfeedback_editpdf\document_services::generate_feedback_document()

line 7298 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign_feedback_editpdf->save()

line 7448 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign->apply_grade_to_user()

line 7507 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign->save_grade()

line 512 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign->process_save_grade()

line 52 of /mod/assign/view.php: call to assign->view()

Indeed, [dataroot]/filedir/d6/13/d613d55f37bb76d38d4ffb4b7b83e6c694778c30 does not exist, because [dataroot]/filedir/d6/13 does not exist. However, I have no idea why this is the case or what could cause it. The "filedir" belongs to the web server with write access.

Any ideas would be appreciated, especially since I am unsure if this a local problem or should be submitted as a "bug report".

Best regards,

Guido

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Guido Roessling

Re: Problem with using new grader front-end

by Guido Roessling -

In case it is relevant - the server runs under Debian 8.4 and Moodle Data as well as the Moodle install directory belong to the www-data user that runs the web server (NGINX).

In reply to Guido Roessling

Re: Problem with using new grader front-end

by Guido Roessling -

It seems that the problem was an inconsistency in the editpdf plugin, which could not find its "stamps" in the file system pool (for whatever reason). Replacing the plugin and running "upgrade" fixed the issue (it seems).