I have been testing the new grader front-end as follows:
- Log in as user X
- Select the assignment and upload a PDF file
- Log out; log in as the teacher
- Select the assignment and student for grading - the PDF preview appears.
- Annotate the PDF (for example, I have highlighted two lines of text)
- Click on "save" (or whatever the button's exact is in English - our site is in German)
- Only a popup with "undefined" and a complaint about a non-existing file comes up. It is impossible to save the grades.
In using the "legacy" front-end with debugging on - the new front-end does not seem to display debug information even when this is turned on?!? -, I get the following:
Debug info: [dataroot]/filedir/d6/13/d613d55f37bb76d38d4ffb4b7b83e6c694778c30
Error code: storedfilecannotread
line 476 of /lib/filestorage/stored_file.php: file_exception thrown
line 641 of /mod/assign/feedback/editpdf/classes/document_services.php: call to stored_file->copy_content_to()
line 269 of /mod/assign/feedback/editpdf/locallib.php: call to assignfeedback_editpdf\document_services::generate_feedback_document()
line 7298 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign_feedback_editpdf->save()
line 7448 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign->apply_grade_to_user()
line 7507 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign->save_grade()
line 512 of /mod/assign/locallib.php: call to assign->process_save_grade()
line 52 of /mod/assign/view.php: call to assign->view()
Indeed, [dataroot]/filedir/d6/13/d613d55f37bb76d38d4ffb4b7b83e6c694778c30 does not exist, because [dataroot]/filedir/d6/13 does not exist. However, I have no idea why this is the case or what could cause it. The "filedir" belongs to the web server with write access.
Any ideas would be appreciated, especially since I am unsure if this a local problem or should be submitted as a "bug report".