Docked Admin Settings Scroll Bar issue 3.1

Docked Admin Settings Scroll Bar issue 3.1

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Is anyone else seeing an issue where the scroll bar does not activate in a docked administration block?  I am finding that I have to close and reopen the block to get the scrollbar to function correctly.  It is like the focus for scrolling is not switching to the docked block but staying on the page behind..

Seeing it in Adaptable and Clean, Chrome and Firefox...it seems like I had this same issue before when I was testing Bas' Elegance release but can't seem to remember how it was resolved...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Docked Admin Settings Scroll Bar issue 3.1

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Yes I found it first in Essential, and thought it was the theme. However I think it a AJAX/JavaScript problem as its all about timing. If you refresh the screen it picks up the scroll.I cured it in my own theme by making the docked block container body smaller in height so that it sits in the window, whereas normally it's quite long as the whole block expands, hence the AJAX /JS problem.

I did not think to report it as it was so obvious I thought it would have been picked up and fixed.

Obviously it hasn't!

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Mary - I will put in a tracker item now I know it isn't just me or my MAMP server!

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Essential in M3.1?  There is no version for Essential in M3.1 and if using the 3.0 version then would be an invalid test as anything else could invalidate the results.

I can replicate in Clean in M3.1 with my bespoke WAMP with HTTPS.

There seems to be a fault with the JS as in M3.0 as the navigation nodes expand then there is an inline 'height' CSS that is changed from 'auto' to a pixel value after the content expands to a certain size on the element with the class 'dockeditempanel_bd'.  This combined with the CSS 'overflow-y: auto' facilitates the showing of the scrollbar.  However on M3.1 the JS that does this is not working.

In addition as a result of the JS failure, collapsing the items after they have been expanded also fails when you've reopened and the scroll bar is there.