Form Grades not showing in specific courses

Form Grades not showing in specific courses

by James Doonan -
Number of replies: 10

Hi there,

I am using Moodle 3.0 and experiencing some problems with the course grades being displayed. Course one will display the grades OK but course 2,3,4 etc will not display course grades. I have checked all the settings and they are the same for the both courses so i must be missing something.
Is it possible for the SCORM package to be configured incorrectly before it is uploaded to Moodle, meaning that it will not display course grades?

the course grades are entering a 0, as if they are registering when the course has been attempted, see attachment.

Thanks,

James

In reply to James Doonan

Re: Form Grades not showing in specific courses

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Emma Richardson

by James Doonan -

Sorry, I thought I had attached it.

Attachment Capture.PNG
In reply to James Doonan

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Can you post a screenshot of the grades from Module 2?  The grader report and the setup page?

by James Doonan -

Thanks for taking the time to help me try and solve this Emma. I really appreciate it.

Attachment 1.PNG
Attachment 2.PNG
In reply to James Doonan

by Emma Richardson -

Oh my mistake - I thought they were separate courses.  So they are just scorm packages.  If you go into the scorm package and look at reports - what is the grade showing at there?

by James Doonan -

Hi Emma,

The grade is showing as 0 in the SCORM package reports section. It is however showing a registered attempt. Do you think it could be something to do with the way the SCORM has been published?

Thanks

In reply to James Doonan

by Emma Richardson -

Yes, it appears that Moodle is reporting the grade correctly from the Scorm.   I would try republishing the scorm package.  Also, you could further isolate by taking the scorm activity that is working, duplicating it and then just switching out the file.  That would tell you for sure if the issue is with the activity settings or the scorm package itself.

by James Doonan -
Hi Emma,

Unfortunately it was not us who published the scorm package originally. When you  say switching out the file, what do you mean by that? excuse my lack of knowledge.
In reply to James Doonan

by Emma Richardson -

Duplicate the activity that is showing a grade correctly.  Then go into the duplicated activity and go to Edit Settings. Delete the scorm file that is in there and replace with one of the files that is not working.

Try an attempt and see if it registers a score.  If it does, then something was strange with your activity settings.  If it does not, then it is a problem with the scorm file itself.

by James Doonan -

Thanks for the explanation. It does not register a score, so it seems that there is something wrong with the scorm file.

Thanks for all your help.