Flexibase 3.2.0 released

Flexibase 3.2.0 released

by Richard Oelmann -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I'm pleased to announce the release of Flexibase 3.2.0 in both the plugins database and github

There are quite a few changes to flexibase  - some obvious, some 'LESS' so.

The most obvious is probably the new Block Page - a step towards giving users the option to have a 'blockless' main course page. Blocks can now be placed on a 'modal' page - and in fact the default block region is now positioned there to encourage that. The previous wide range of block regions remain available as well, so the user has total control over the design of the page, from blockless to 'Lings Cars' smile

3 other significant features were worked on with Chris and can also be found in his Pioneer theme:

•     Radial display of activity completion within the course, which was developed from something posted by Jerome Di Pietro here
  •     Radial display of course grade (which grew from the same base)
  •     Featured course slider - the slider itself came from eGuru, via Chris' work, but is now implemented in such a way that it can present a site wide admin determined set of courses, and/or a set of courses determined by comparing course tags with user interests to personalise the promoted set of courses, and/or the user 'my courses' list. This is available on both the front page and the user dashboard.

In the background, I've also made a start on refactoring the CSS as LESS and breaking that up into separate files for portability and maintenance.

All comments and suggestions welcome!

Richard
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: Flexibase 3.2.0 released

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am interested in the blockless functionality.  Sounds really cool.  One of the best aspects of this theme is the dashboard my courses with the alerts and rollover effects.

Nice work!

If you read this article, it might make sense to try and create these alerts in your dashboard with a number count of new activities or actions in a course.

https://medium.com/@tristanharris/how-technology-hijacks-peoples-minds-from-a-magician-and-google-s-design-ethicist-56d62ef5edf3#.qauzpli6d

When I read this is thought about how one might try to apply some strategies to Moodle.  

PS.  I am going to ask Ricardo to try your theme since we have the same feature basically and see if he gets the same error.

by Richard Oelmann -

3.2.0c update with some bug fixes has been released on github and on the plugins database

There are some language strings to replace hard coded values as well as some work done on the promoted courses slider.

Now released as STABLE instead of RC

Richard

by Richard Oelmann -

Flexibase 3.2.0d released today

Minor bug/style fixes.

Minor tidying up on the tagged/recommended courses displays.

Major bug fix where the teacher's custom block region caused quiz pages to fail as quiz pages do not appear to give a course->id to get a context instance from.

User request - the text on the 'Read More' button on each carousel slide can now be set independently.

Block styling - a new setting allowing blocks to be either 'standard/traditional' style of display (with the border and heading background colour) or a cleaner 'borderless' display without the heading background colour or block borders. This setting can be selected independently for the main pages, or for the blocks modal page.

Richard

Re: Flexibase 3.2.0 released - Update

by Richard Oelmann -
Just a note for anyone using flexibase - If you update bootstrap to Bas' most recent version you will need to get the latest commit from github. Its a very small change as Bas has altered the name of one of the parent less folders. I will push the update to the plugins database shortly, but in the meantime you can either make the change manually

https://github.com/roelmann/moodle-theme_flexibase/commit/bf6697de30f82cbb8d1fd5a27648758a8276473b
in less/flexibase.less
@import "../../bootstrap/less/bootstrap3-3-6/bootstrap";
or pull the latest version from github

https://github.com/roelmann/moodle-theme_flexibase

Richard