Where to enable Quiz for offline use with the moodle app

Where to enable Quiz for offline use with the moodle app

by Rashid Al-Houdi -
Number of replies: 15

Hi,

since offline support for quizzes has been added in moodle 3.1, i wanted to try that.

I found out here: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Quiz_support_in_the_Mobile_app#Usage_considerations

that you have to enable the quiz for offline use.

I have been looking for that setting but cant find it.

Where can I enable the quiz for offline use?

I am running Moodle server and app on version 3.1.

I can take the quiz online on the app right now but not offline.

I hope you can help me.

Regards,

Rashid

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rashid Al-Houdi

Re: Where to enable Quiz for offline use with the moodle app

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Please see the documentation Moodle Mobile quiz offline attempts (This is not in standard Moodle 3.1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Rashid Al-Houdi -

Thank you.

I followed the instructions but I still can't use the quiz offline.

I installed moodle mobile additional features. Enabled them and edited the role to add capability to creat tokens.

Then I installed offline quiz attempt plugin and enabled the quiz for offline use.

The Question behaviour for the quiz is deferred feedback, there is no time limit, there is no network address requirement.

The quiz contains 1 multiple choice question.

I also logged out of every site on the moodle app and added my site again.

Sadly, still no offline quiz.

I hope you can help.

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

we'd need a test student account (enrolled in the course where the quiz is) so we can test what is happening.

Can you send us the credentials to mobile@moodle.com?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Rashid Al-Houdi -
Sent you the credentials just now.

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

sorry, we didn't receive any message with credentials.

Can you send it again to mobile@moodle.com?

Maybe is was deleted by accident or considered SPAM

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Rashid Al-Houdi -

I sent it with an email adress that was not the same as the one in my profile. maybe that had something to with it.

I just changed the email adress of my profie and sent you the credentials again from that one.

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

I was able to run the quiz in your site, are you sure you have installed in your mobile device the latest version of Moodle Mobile? 3.1.0

Please, go to Settings -> About and check if you see Moodle Mobile 3.1.0

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Rashid Al-Houdi -
Does it work offline for you?

I can run the quiz too if im online.
But I wanted it to work offline.

There should be a cloud button to the right of the quiz to download it, so it works offline too. But it doesnt show for me.
And yes I'm using Moodle mobile 3.1. I checked it again.
Attachment Screenshot.png

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Rashid,

yes, you are right. It seems something it's not right.

What Moodle version are you using?

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Sam Stegers -

I am having the same issue. When using Moodle 3.1, is it still needed to install the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin? I was under the impression this is not needed for Moodle 3.1

Regards,

Sam

In reply to Sam Stegers

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Sam,

yes, even for Moodle 3.1 you will need the Moodle Mobile Additional Features for running offline quizzes.

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Rashid,

I just published new versions of the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin solving this problem, some versions of the plugin were missing the quiz offline support.

Please, update your local_mobile plugin to the latest version available for your Moodle major version.

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Alex Cooper -

Hi dear Juan

It's really nice to hear now that's possible to have access to the quizzes through Moodle Mobile App.

However, I wonder if this feature works in custom Moodle Mobile v2 apps too or not. If so, do we need to update the custom mobile app or just upgrading Moodle into v3.1 and installing Moodle Mobile additional features are enough?

Regards,

Azarmi

In reply to Alex Cooper

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Azarmi,

you need to upgrade your custom app to the latest available version (3.1.0)

Also, you need Moodle 3.1 or Moodle 2.6 onwards with the latest version of the Moodle Mobile additional features plugin

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Alex Cooper -

hi dear Juan,

I tried to have custom MM3.1 by following the instructions presented in setting up development environment for MM2; however, when it comes to "npm install" command, there are some progresses but at the end I'm facing with a error that i can't understand it. I should say i had no problem with MM2 development environment and it worked perfectly as i had many changes in the app.

I'll be glad to receive your comments.

Regards,

Azarmi