Bug Fix - Results Saving

Bug Fix - Results Saving

by Mike Churchward -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I just commited an update that fixes a fairly serious bug in the questionnaire module. This bug would cause an incorrect correlation between the 'questionnaire_attempts' table and the 'questionnaire_response' table that could result in problems when looking at results. This bug would occur on questionnaires not using the 'save and restore' option. In most cases, the problems would not be noticed.

Where it will be noticeable is when deleting responses. Entries in the attempts table will not be removed correctly. This may also have an affect on restoring backups of questionnaires.

I recommend that everyone update their questionnaire module with the latest code in order to implement this fix. The fix should be in the standard zip file release within the next couple of days.

mike
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Churchward

Re: Bug Fix - Results Saving

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mike,

A big THANK YOU for your work on the Questionnaire module! approve

by Lael ... -
Also a huge thanks!

the potential and just downright usefulness of this module is incredible!

Lael
In reply to Lael ...

by Mawuli Kuivi -
I just did the upgrade today and l having problems with the current version.

1.  I cannot update/create a survey. None of the fields in the survey are saving. It will only create a questionnaire and not surveys.
2. It will not allow the creation of questions. Questions not saving.
3. It does not allow the viewing of the responses. It keeps Survey does not exist. but the survey does exist.
4. It will not save any survey responses.

This are the things l have found with the current updated questionnaire module

Any help is welcome.
In reply to Mawuli Kuivi

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Mawuli. I would suggest uninstalling entirely and resinstalling again. Its sounds like a little more than just one problem. It also sounds like you are using an much older version.

What kind of system are you using this on? What version of Moodle, PHP and MySQL?

mike

by Mawuli Kuivi -
The O/S is Linux fedora 4.
I have the samething on another server fedora 3 and it works great. So must be something.  But fedora 3 has php 4.3.1 while the fedora 4 l think has php 5. Might be the problem.

Thanks anyway. I will keep trying and hope to get the solution.

by Mawuli Kuivi -
I put in a request for the option to control the results to either students or teachers? At the moment, only the admin/teachers can see that results.

How is that coming?

Any news on that?

by Ger Tielemans -
I tried to install this (several times) under a new 1.5.2, tabels oK but it does not show up in the admin page for modules neither in the drop-down box for activivities in the sections. Any idea?