CBE import plugin

CBE import plugin

by khaled baloul -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

I am working on implementing CBE on my moodle Moodle 3.1rc2 (Build: 20160520).
I would like to import competency framework from cvs text file.
Could u please let me know what is the right plugin to use and how to git install it.

Best regards

kal

Average of ratings: -
In reply to khaled baloul

Re: CBE import plugin

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Khaled,

There is a plugin for importing CBE frameworks, but so far as I know it is not yet in the Moodle downloads area. You can get it anyway from github at https://github.com/damyon/moodle-tool_lpimportcsv

It needs to be installed in yourmoodle/admin/tool and once installation is completed, you will have an Import and Export link added under Competencies.

Works nicely and will let you match your csv file columns to the one used by Moodle CBE frameworks, if they are not the same already.

In reply to khaled baloul

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Sorry, I missed the part where you asked about using git to install it. Here at the steps for that:

Install from git

Navigate to Moodle root folder
    git clone git://github.com/damyon/moodle-tool_lpimportcsv.git admin/tool/lpimportcsv
    cd admin/tool/lpimportcsv
    git branch -a
    git checkout master
    Click the 'Notifications' link on the frontpage administration block or from your Moodle root folder run: php admin/cli/upgrade.php if you have access to a command line interpreter.

In reply to AL Rachels

by khaled baloul -

Dear AL, Dear all,

Thanks a lot for your detailed anwser.

I will right away follow the indications you provide.

Have nice day.

Khaled

In reply to AL Rachels

by khaled baloul -

Dear,

I am beginner with git.

I followed steps you provided for git install.  First I was asked to provide username and password! I tried the ones of my git account. The seemingly failed install created however 2 diretories namely:

moodle-tool_lpimportau-master/

moodle-tool_lpimportcsv-master/

I am a little bit confused and dont know what to do next.

Thanks for your help again.

Khaled