Moodle 3.1.0-rc2, inline editing and PHP 5.6.41nts on Windows 7

Moodle 3.1.0-rc2, inline editing and PHP 5.6.41nts on Windows 7

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Moodlers,

With Moodle 3.1.0-rc2 with a custom WAMP set-up - FastCGI with Apache 2.4 I've found that the inline editing (such as '1' here: https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Course_homepage#To_edit_a_course_section) does not work on the non-thread safe PHP 5.6.40/41 - from: http://windows.php.net/download/.  However PHP 5.5.35 from the same place does.  Using 32 bit builds as 64 bit are experimental.  Apache is "Apache/2.4.20 (Win64) OpenSSL/1.0.2g mod_fcgid/2.3.9" 64 bit.

Can anybody else verify this please?  If so would potentially be a tracker issue.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Moodle 3.1.0-rc2, inline editing and PHP 5.6.41nts on Windows 7

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hello Gareth,
there is an upstream bug in PHP 5.6, it is related to the false positive error about using deprecated HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA, the workaround is described in our documentation

It has become more evident in Moodle 3.1 because we use more AJAX requests such as inplace editable, course selector, etc.

Thanks for reminding, I have now added it to our upgrade documentation next to unoconv and xmlreader
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marina Glancy

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thank you Marina,

In this case, clicking on the edit icon does not even bring up the edit box.  Is that what you expect the manifestation of the issue to be?

Kind regards,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

No edit box sounds like a javascript error. Did you check js console? 

Look in apache error log too please, the error I mentioned above appears there. 

Does it still not work even after changing php.php.ini? 

In reply to Marina Glancy

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Marina,

Thank you for replying.  No errors on the browser console as I checked that.  There is the 'Automatically populating $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.' depreciation message, followed by the 'Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in Unknown on line 0' warning in the php.log file.  However that is perhaps after a 'click'.

I've now downgraded to PHP 5.5 and may upgrade and check again with the 'always_populate_raw_post_data' directive when I get a moment.

Cheers,

Gareth