Moodle 3.1 is coming on May 23rd. It is a big release with many new features, your users will want to upgrade ASAP. Are your plugins ready? Here is a checklist:
- Download the latest Moodle 3.1 from github or download page (link before release, link after release)
all your phpunit and behat tests and make sure they pass. You did cover
all functionality with the automated tests, right? (Note that you will
need to use Behat 3 for Moodle 3.1)
- Set debugging level to developer and go through all screens manually, make sure everything works and there are no debugging messages.
- Read lib/upgrade.txt and make sure you don't use any of deprecated functions
- Read the upgrade.txt in the folder where your plugin is located, for example mod/upgrade.txt, course/format/upgrade.txt, theme/upgrade.txt
- If you are using web services, read webservice/upgrade.txt, if you are using tags read tag/upgrade.txt
- Read the "For developers" section of the release notes
- Upload or edit the latest version of your plugin in the plugins directory and add Moodle 3.1 to the "Supported Moodle" field
I hope upgrading of your plugins was very straightforward!
There are interesting new things for developers in 3.1, they include global search, ability for plugins to add external functions to services, support for competencies, new inplace editable element, new tree rendering element, notification stack, antivirus plugin type, dataformat plugin type, tags API improvements and so on. Read the "Release notes for developers" or browse the list of issues affecting developers in Moodle 3.1
See you in the 3.1!
Previous post: Prepare your plugins for 3.0