Having some problems with File Resources

Having some problems with File Resources

by Mark Hammontree -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Everyone, I'm running the dev version with the HTML Editor. I have created a resource pointing to a Power Point Presentation, and I get an error in the web browser that says the file can not be found. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Object not found! The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster Error 404 edu.schnizits.com Tue Nov 4 10:48:07 2003 Apache ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ The path in the browser is: http://edu.schnizits.com/file.php/5/Microsoft/Windows_2000_Professional_70-210/Power_Point_Slides/Ch05.ppt Any ideas what going on? Thanks in advance.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Hammontree

Re: Having some problems with File Resources

by Mark Hammontree -
I figured it out, I went into admin and changed the setting for url's, works fine now.
In reply to Mark Hammontree

Re: Having some problems with File Resources

by Gianvincenzo Sparacia -

Hi, I have the same problem.

once uploaded files (jpg images, or other files), when I try to retrieve them I get the same message of you:

Object not found! The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of that page about the error. If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster

Error 404

BUT the file was regularly uploaded in the server and I can see them in my moodledata folder!!!

Which is the solution??