Dual Enrolment : Is it feasible?

Dual Enrolment : Is it feasible?

by Vi Sh -
Number of replies: 4

Dear All

I am trying to setup moodle with below functionalities. Would anyone let me know how can this be done?

1: Selective courses should have self enrolment after login. No approval is required from Admin as these are free courses.
2: Selective courses should have approve enrolment after login. Until it gets approves, user should not be able to pursue with course. Approval is required from Admin as these are paid courses. 

I have below plugins configured on my site

Self enrolment4 / 22015111600Disable DownSettingsUninstall
Guest access3 / 02015111600DisableUp DownSettingsUninstall
Manual enrolments3 / 22015111600DisableUp DownSettings
Auto enrolment0 / 02015082400DisableUp DownSettingsUninstall
Cohort sync0 / 02015111600DisableUp DownSettingsUninstall
Category enrolments0 / 02015111600DisableUp DownSettingsUninstall
Course enrol confirmation0 / 02016042201DisableUp SettingsUninstall

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vi Sh

Re: Dual Enrolment : Is it feasible?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, you just add the enrolment methods you want at the course level, under Course Admin/Users/Enrolment Methods.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Ken Biles -

I want to do something similar, based on an external database.

I'm new to Moodle, and I'm finding the documentation for 3.1 very frustrating.

I'm trying to set up a course, and the documentation says to set up enrolment methods exactly where you say it is, but I can't find that anywhere. The only thing under ADMINISTRATION is Site administration. I can't find Course Administration anywhere, and when I search for Course Administration, it comes back with one result for Manual enrolments, which based on the description is something to do with the plugin. I get no results at all when I search Enrolment Methods.

I only see something under Administration besides Site Admin rarely, and only by accident. Even then, it seems to be context sensitive based on what I clicked.

Is there a way to show all Admin options?

I am the Site Administrator, so I would think I have access to everything.

Ken

In reply to Ken Biles

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ken - you only find Course administration when you are inside an actual course. Perhaps the Admin quick guide and the Teacher quick guide might help?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ken Biles -

Yeah, I found it! I could have sworn I looked there, but I was probably looking at the center section not the Admin block.

Now the issue is that only Manual Enrolment is showing as a method.

I went back to Site Admin/Advanced Features/Plugins/Enrolments/Manage Enrol Plugins. The External Database shows the open eye, the settings look correct, but when I test settings, I get an error:

Test enrol settings - External database

×External course table not specified.

(mysqli): SELECT * FROM wp_usermeta  

×External enrolment table contains following columns:
umeta_id, user_id, meta_key, meta_value

wp_usermeta is the correct table that contains the fields I'm looking for, and that is what I put into Remote user enrolment table under Remote enrolment sync.

This is a MySQL database used by WordPress, with a table added by a plugin to restrict access.

I just set up the cron job to sync users from the database, I don't know if that'll make a difference.