Hi all,

I'm getting this error

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

when I run hotpo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Varsakopoulos

Re: [an error occurred while processing this directive]

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is an SSI error. I suggest you check your server logs to find out more information.

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

I can run scorms but not hotpot and taskchains.

I was told by server support that this message represents the problem.

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.epikinonia.org$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.google\.com\/a\/epikinonia\.org" [R=301,L]

I get this problem

[an error occurred while processing this directive] when I go

http://epikinonia.org/moodle29/mod/taskchain/view.php?id=6478

Any relevance?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I respectfully suggest you ask the person who created that rule what it is for and whether you can safely remove it. As far as I can see, it is not necessary for HotPots or TaskChains and it is causing problems. 

I understand that you have been using HotPots and TaskChains trouble-free, for many years, so is this a recent problem? Does it affect all HotPots/TaskChains? Or just a few? Or just one?

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

I don't know how this rule was created or how I created it and there is no other person.

The problem is two days old. I'm using the lateste versions of hotpot and taskchain. I have 250 taskchain exercises and a few hotpot ones. Every one I checked responds with that hated message: [an error occurred while processing this directive].  I even get this message when I try to create a new taskchain.

Everything else in moodle seems to work fine.  I can't think or figure out what else I've done that might have created this. I'm just trying to correct it because finals are coming next week.

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

I think my problem lies with the server that attempts SSO with google apps. I tried the same taskchains with another server(w/o google apps SSO) first with the immediate older versions of hotpot and taskchains and again with the latests versions. Everything worked.

Thank you for helping Gordon.

by Alex Varsakopoulos -

I also used another moodle instance, 3.0.1 on the same server (SSO Google Apps) and I'm getting the same response.

a) I can't upload/create new hotpot and taskchain 

b) can't run already created hotpots & taskchains

thank you!

by Gordon Bateson -

Interestingly, we get the same message when trying to access a file that does not exist:

So I think this message means simply that there was some kind of error on the server - not actually an SSI error. First there is an error. Then, when trying to report the initial error, the server has a further error in SSI.

Therefore, to get the full story, you need to look in the server logs. If you are using Apache as your web server, then there should be an error log which will tell you what is causing the "an error occurred while processing this directive".

It may also be useful to try enabling Moodle debugging:

• Administration -> Site administration -> Development -> Debugging
  • Debug message: DEVELOPER
  • Display debug messages: (check this box)

You said that the hosting support desk told you that following lines are causing the error:

• RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.epikinonia.org$
  • RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.google\.com\/a\/epikinonia\.org" [R=301,L]

The second line doesn't look right to me. Those """ strings should each be a double-quote character, i.e. ", shouldn't they? 

The people who told you that information, can probably also tell you where the error log is on your server.

HTH 
Gordon