Logging of Questionnaire respondent activity

Logging of Questionnaire respondent activity

by Rod Digges -
Number of replies: 2

We are currently using the Questionnaire module (version 2014111004 on Moodle 2.8). 

Over the past few years, a colleague has been using the module for anonymous course feedback and to encourage feedback has given a prize to a randomly picked respondent  - they have previously been able to ascertain who has responded via the course participation report and course logs. (last year we were running version 2014041804 of the module on Moodle 2.6) and were able to make sure they didn't give the prize to someone who had not responded.

It seems they are no longer able to access who has or has not responded via reports available through the UI. Does anyone know if there has been a change in what is logged by this module between versions 2014111004 & 2014041804  . If there hasn't been we will need to investigate if this change is due to a bug.

I have seen some discussions regarding tightening up of anonymity but can't seem to find anything that tells me if changes in logging behaviour have been made to the module.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rod

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rod Digges

Re: Logging of Questionnaire respondent activity

by C Behan -

Hi Rod,

You could set up activity completion on the questionnaire. 

In the questionnaire settings, set it that the activity is complete when a student has submitted the questionnaire.  That way, you can view the course's activity completion report to see who has or hasn't done the questionnaire.

Catherine

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to C Behan

Re: Logging of Questionnaire respondent activity

by Rod Digges -

Hi Catherine

Thanks for this suggestion, it's a good idea - I'll pass it on to my colleagues.

Rod