Amember4 / Moodle 3.0 authentication

Amember4 / Moodle 3.0 authentication

by Scott Reasor -
Number of replies: 1
I am in the process of doing a complete system upgrade. We used to run Moodle 1.9 and Amember4 on our site (well we currently run it, but have a dev server set up to upgrade). When a user signed up for a course through amember4 we had the moodle plugin installed and working. The username/email/password, etc. were all passed through and the authentication was done properly in moodle to enroll them in the proper course.

I am having trouble with Moodle 3.0 working properly with the plugin in Amember4 now. It is enrolling the student properly, and appears to be passing most of the information to Moodle, however it is trying to do an email-based self-registration. I've tried setting up the External Database authentication, but haven't figured out how to get that to be used by the moodle plugin. Right now the password is not being passed from Amember to Moodle for some reason. If the student does a password reset then they can log in to their course, otherwise it doesn't seem to recognize their password. Any thoughts or suggestions on where to look would be appreciated. I'm still trying to learn this 3.0 file structure/path format so I'm probably just missing something somewhere.

Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Reasor

Re: Amember4 / Moodle 3.0 authentication

by Jamie Kramer -

I am not familiar with Amember4, but just did a general look at it to understand context.

I think that what is happening here is that Moodle internals have changed quite a bit from version 1.9 to 3.0. What I am thinking is, maybe Amember4 uses Moodle's web services, and maybe some of those web services have change enough to break the integration. You may want to find out if there is an updated version of the Moodle integration plugin. It is not clear to me if there is an amember4 plugin that gets installed to Moodle or not... Or if amember4 has a plugin that gets installed. I didn't find any reference to amember in the Moodle plugins database.

....5 minutes later...

Did a little more searching and found: https://www.amember.com/p/Integration/Moodle/  The readme.txt in the download file posted there only references Moodle versions 1.7 and 1.8. It also appeared that there is a Moodle side plugin for this integration. I think what I said is true, that this plugin probably is not going to work without some re-factoring to support Moodle 3. Maybe someone has done that already, but I wasn't able to find it.

Sorry I am not more helpful.