“Multichoice” “Multiple-answer” question will not jump

“Multichoice” “Multiple-answer” question will not jump

by Ed McLean -
Number of replies: 2

In a Moodle Lesson I have a “Multichoice” question with “Multiple-answer” selected. The lesson is has “Custom Scoring” set to “No” (for what I am doing there are no right or wrong answers. It’s the response that’s useful to students).

Once a student selects their answers, they get the response page and click continue. The issue I am facing is that this returns them to the same question again even though all options are set to jump to “Next page”.

I found this post that hints (if I have understood correctly) that only correct answers will jump. But I don’t have correct/incorrect answers in my lesson!

Please help – totally stumped!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ed McLean

Re: “Multichoice” “Multiple-answer” question will not jump

by Mary Cooch -
Piksa bilong Documentation writers Piksa bilong Moodle HQ Piksa bilong Particularly helpful Moodlers Piksa bilong Testers Piksa bilong Translators

I tried this and set the score for each possible answer to 0 and instead of setting the jump to the Next page I set it to an actual named page -and it does work for me. Whatever combination of answers they give, they get the feedback and then the  Continue button takes them to the named page I chose. I am using Moodle 3.0.4 -which version of Moodle are you using? 

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: “Multichoice” “Multiple-answer” question will not jump

by Ed McLean -

Thanks Mary. Your solution did not work when (in Edit Settings) "Custom scoring" is set to "No". However it did work when I set "Custom scoring" to "Yes" (and made sure all scores for answers in my lesson are "0").

The downside is that students will see a meaningless zero grade at the end of the lesson.

Thanks again.