403 Error when accessing /mod/assign/view.php Moodle 3.0.4

403 Error when accessing /mod/assign/view.php Moodle 3.0.4

by Jonathan Whittaker -
Number of replies: 5

I have recently started receiving the following error when clicking on the button to add a grade to a submitted assignment:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /mod/assign/view.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

As far as I know no major changes took place prior to this error occurring. I have updated the moodle from the previous version (I believe 2.4) to the latest version hoping that would solve the issue. I have also made sure that the permission setting had not changed for the file to give that error. 

I also get a similar error when trying to switch roles:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /course/switchrole.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm not sure if there are any similar errors anywhere else, none have cropped up so far. I have full backup of files and of the database if I need to go back to the previous version before being able to fix the error.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonathan Whittaker

Re: 403 Error when accessing /mod/assign/view.php Moodle 3.0.4

by Robert Northcutt -

I am receiving the same 403 error message when I try to access Grades from the View Submissions page with the URL path: /sya/mod/assign/view.php?id=64&rownum=0&action=grader&userid=71. If I remove the "rownum=0" argument then all works as expected.

Note: If I go to Grades from the button on the Assignment page (see below) all works correctly as well (workaround for now). The URL that works is: sya/mod/assign/view.php?id=64&action=grader

In reply to Robert Northcutt

by vijay ganesh -

I have same problem after upgrading to moodle 3.1. IT seems the permission of view.php files resets to 000 instead of 644. Can any one tell me how this file changes its permission on its own.

In reply to vijay ganesh

by Edwin Yeong -

Hi Vijay,

Have you found any solution? I am also facing this problem now. Please advise. Thanks.

In reply to Robert Northcutt

by Edwin Yeong -

Hi Robert,

After 1 year, I have experienced the same problem as yours. When I click on the 'Grade' button to grade an assignment in the assignments table page, I was faced with the page, "Forbidden. You do not have permission to access this document." I have been trying to sole this problem but to no avail,

My Moodle Version is Moodle 3.2.1

Any solution for the problem? Please advise.
In reply to Edwin Yeong

by Nghĩa Dương Trung -

Hi all,

I encounter the same problem when grading assignments. My Moodle version is 3.4