Post upgrade 3.0.4 on Windows Server with PHP error

Post upgrade 3.0.4 on Windows Server with PHP error

by Jeremy Marsh -
Number of replies: 1

Folks,

I've just successfully installed/upgraded Moodle to 3.0.4 in my Windows Server Test environment.

Now i thought it would be a good idea at the same time to upgrade my PHP to the latest version as well.

However no matter what i do to configure PHP 7.0.5 i get the SQL connection error below.

Error: database driver problem detected

The site administrator should verify server configuration

PHP has not been properly configured with the MSSQL extension so that it can communicate with SQL*Server. Please check your php.ini file or recompile PHP.

Now i've googled and searched and tried an number of the fixes others have posted up in relation to the different dll's PHP requires and the updates to the PHP.config ini but no matter what i can't get it past the above error.

Has anyone successfully gotten the above combination to  work (Windows Server 2008R2, IIS, Moodle 3.0.4, PHP 7.0.5 & SQL database) to work and if so would you be willing to share the steps you took to do it ?

Am i missing something really basic ?

I should point out Moodle is running just fine with PHP 5.4.29 after the upgrade but i would prefer to be using a later version of PHP.

Thanks !

Jeremy

Average of ratings: -