You have SCORM packages that need attention

You have SCORM packages that need attention

by Billy Zwiener -
Number of replies: 7

Moodle 3.0 My scorm packages are generating this response on the students main page: "You have SCORM packages that need attention " despite the fact that activity is completed. Its going to become a nightmare of students continuously asking me what they did wrong if I don't figure out how to eliminate that prompt from their main screen. Where to begin?

P.S. I have searched these forums and I found a similar article that was a problem with the calendar generating this but this is not the case for me. I need to find a way to simply hide this type of "error message" (if thats actually what it is??? from the student

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Billy Zwiener

Re: You have SCORM packages that need attention

by Jane Erlandson -

Hi Billy,

To hide that message, in that SCORM activity's Edit settings > Appearance >  Display "attempt status  is where you can select "No" or "Entry page only" to keep the message from appearing on the user's" <your site>/my" page. 

Regards, 

Jane

Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Jane Erlandson

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I think part of the problem also comes from that text "you have SCORM packages that need attention" - if anyone can come up with some better text to put above those packages let us know.

In future it probably makes sense to control the display of the scorm packages based on completion etc.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Billy Zwiener -

Good point, Dan. E Learning educators might know what a SCORM package is but students don't and that definitely comes across confusing to them.  Some terminology shouldn't be on the users screen to encourage them to seek help when its not needed.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Tyson Priddle -

Dan, I think even some generic wording would be sufficient if it doesn't impact too many areas. 

ie "you have an activity that needs attention." 

In reply to Tyson Priddle

by Mata Henry -

I agree with Tyson. Our commercial mine site/industry site learners/clients would react better to say something like "You have learning activities that require your attention." 
Is there anyway we can edit this manually?

In reply to Mata Henry

by Just H -

Can't say I've looked for this particular language string but it "should" be able to be changed via the built in language customisation. One caveat; it may be a generic language string with code to pull the type of activity so test to ensure it doesn't have detrimental side effects elsewhere.

In reply to Just H

by RTR Admin -

The word string can, in fact, be changed through the language customization tool.