Permissions issue

Permissions issue

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am having a problem with groups and the attendance plugin.  I want to set it as separate groups but I do not want the teacher to have to have multiple sessions to enter attendance for.  

Currently, I have been setting the Attendance activity to no groups to give the teacher one attendance session for her whole class.  However, I have students from multiple school districts in this class and each district has a contact that can get into Moodle and check grades etc.  To keep where those contacts can only access their students data, I use separate groups and then have removed the permission to Access All Groups from the district contact role.  

But in the attendance report, those district contacts can see all of the students in the class even though they are not in a group with them.  And, if I set the activity to separate groups, then I have to create attendance sessions for each group which puts more work on the teacher...

Any suggestions?

Moodle 3.0.1 and latest Attendance version.

Average of ratings: -