Users can no longer access SCORM courses. We receive a message "You are already logged in as xxxxx, you need to log out before logging in as different user.

Users can no longer access SCORM courses. We receive a message "You are already logged in as xxxxx, you need to log out before logging in as different user.

by Datek Pope -
Number of replies: 13

Users can no longer access SCORM courses. We receive a message "You are already logged in as xxxxx, you need to log out before logging in as different user. Please note that the only thing the user is attempting to do,  is to access a scorm course. Scorm courses of less than 5 slides  (small sized scorm) appear to work fine. This started happening a few days ago on moodle 3.0.2+. We upgraded to 3.0.3+ today but the issue still exists. Any help is greatly appreciated as our users are unable to access our courses. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Datek Pope

Re: Users can no longer access SCORM courses. We receive a message "You are already logged in as xxxxx, you need to log out before logging in as different user.

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

sounds like a session issue - do you have any hard-coded links that people are using to enter the SCORM courses? - have you configured any special handling for user sessions on your system? - do you have multiple web servers and have the session storage on each local web server instead of sharing the session between all web servers?

In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Users can no longer access SCORM courses. We receive a message "You are already logged in as xxxxx, you need to log out before logging in as different user.

by Datek Pope -

Hello Dan,

Thanks for your response, below are answers to your questions. 

Do you have any hard-coded links that people are using to enter the SCORM courses?  ==> No, we do not.

Have you configured any special handling for user sessions on your system? ==> We are passing a user information via moodles 'url' resource to a php file 

Do you have multiple web servers ==> No

and have the session storage on each local web server instead of sharing the session between all web servers? ==> No

In reply to Datek Pope

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

"We are passing a user information via moodles 'url' resource to a php file" - If you have any custom code - particularly code that handles user logins it's likely to be the source of your problems.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Datek Pope -

We don't have any custom code. All we are doing is adding a new url resource and utilizing the inbuilt url variables as shown in the attached file. Unfortunately, turning on debugging doesn't appear to be helpful in this case. Any other pointers will be highly appreciated. 

Attachment moodle-url-variables.JPG
In reply to Datek Pope

by Dan Marsden -

I'm not sure how this relates to your SCORM course - are you using the resource link to point to the SCORM course and users are clicking on your created "resource" to open the SCORM course?

the error you are seeing comes from the login/index.php page - something is causing your users to be redirected to the login/index.php page instead of the actual course page.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ellie Phelan -

Hi Dan,

This is my first time posting/using this forum so hoping I am going about it the right way.

I am by no means a Moodle expert, quite a novice actually so hoping someone is able to assist.

Our Moodle LMS has been running fine for 12+ months up until Tuesday/Wednesday.

When you login now you are redirected to a page below: 

If you click Log Out you are redirected to the login page again. Clicking Cancel does nothing.

I can still go to the Moodle My Home page by clicking on the username circled in red.

When I am in the Moodle if I click the HOME button it takes me back to this login page above as opposed to the /home page.

Any suggestions you might have would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks smile

In reply to Ellie Phelan

by sameh Ahmed -

I have the same problem I use bluehost server, I think the problem form bluehost.

I use Moodle 3.2

Any salutation, PLEASE????

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Datek Pope -

You are correct, the url resource shouldn't relate to our scorm courses. I only mentioned it because it's the only part of moodle we've used the variables from sessions.  How can I trace / identify what's causing users to be redirected to the login/index.php page which comes up embedded in the position the scorm course typically opens in? 

I set the scorm course to open in a popup window and below is an example of what's in the url of the popup window:

http://moodlesite/mod/scorm/player.php?a=81&currentorg=COURSE_NAME_ORG&scoid=203&sesskey=XFRslPP8oe&display=popup&mode=normal

Then it comes up with the login page embedded, with the message below --- 

You are already logged in as XXXXXX, you need to log out before logging in as different user.

In reply to Datek Pope

by Dan Marsden -

are you giving people that url? - or are they discovering the course using normal navigation through my courses etc.

if you are giving people that url then you should remove the "Sesskey" var from the url to see if that works?

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Datek Pope -

I only copied the url from an attempt to open a scorm course, we don't give out urls. Removing the sesskey var doesn't work, it does the same thing, i.e. redirects to the logon page....Thx.

In reply to Datek Pope

by Datek Pope -

We still can't figure out why this is happening.... Is there a setting we've surpassed the threshold? Why will this behavior start all of a sudden without us making any change to the system / configuration?  Why will clicking "Enter" in a scorm course, open up the /scorm/player.php (as expected), attempt to load the scorm course and then redirects to the login page (embedded) with the message as shown below --

You are already logged in as xxxxxx, you need to log out before logging in as different user.

In reply to Datek Pope

by Dan Marsden -

I'm out of ideas sorry - if you can't resolve it yourselves (and no-one else in the forums has any ideas) you could try asking a Moodle Partner to help diagnose the problems on your server.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Datek Pope -

Thanks for trying though, I appreciate.