Issues moodle 3.0

Issues moodle 3.0

by Adan Mandujano -
Number of replies: 6

HI everybody,

I do not have many experience, have just upgraded my moodle system from 2.9 to 3.0, apparently all the process was fine, but when I try to log in, nothing appears in the website, just only the path  ''.

I will appreciate your ideas.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adan Mandujano

Re: Issues moodle 3.0

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Adan,

go into your moodledata folder, and you'll find two folders named "cache" and "localcache".

delete them both, refresh your page and see if that works out for you, for usually this happens  due to corrupted cache. these folders will re-appear once you've refreshed your webpage.

In reply to Usman Asar

by Adan Mandujano -

Hi Usman Asar,

Thank you for your answer, I have deleted the files that you suggested but I am still having the same problem, It  is a little strange because when I try to log in with an accounts who does not exist, It shows the usual  message: " Invalid login, please try again" but if I type the correct user it does not show anything.

by Albert Ramsbottom -

Are you sure that your permissions have recursively propagated to all files as this sounds like it could be a permissions issue

Albert

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Please turn debugging on (you can do this in your config file - https://docs.moodle.org/30/en/Debugging#In_config.php) and then report back with any error messages.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Adan Mandujano -

Hi, thanks for your replies, I turned debugging on and I saw  there were 2 issues with two folders:

user/profile/field/oidc

/user/profile/field/o365

So, I copied these folders from old site to new one and I was able to log in, the upgrade for the database showed up and I followed the steps to upgrade, I got 2 errors in the pluggins section, exactly the same I copied manually (attach image from errors), but I guess this issue correspond to another forum.

Attachment errors.dib

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Initially, remove those two plugins from your folder and then check you have the correct version of the plugins for your version of moodle before attempting to reinstall them.

Although, there are two issues here - the moodle version those plugins require is 2015111600 - which is correct for Moodle3.0 BUT if that's the case, they can't have been on your 2.9 site (or at least not as that version of the plugin) as they would not install on 2.9 because of that version requirement.

My suggestion would be complete the site upgrade without those plugins, then reinstall the correct version of the plugin for your moodle.