Some cool new features for Pioneer Theme

Some cool new features for Pioneer Theme

by Chris Kenniburg -
Number of replies: 12
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am working on a new version of Pioneer and we've made some improvements based on feedback.  Here is a demo and opportunity to get your suggestions into the next release!

• Featured Courses is now a slider that displays 3 courses at a time.
  • MANY visual improvements and better positioning of menus and navigation elements that take better advantage of the Pioneer Banner Image.
  • Teacher Editing buttons are now located in the sticky navigation bar and always visible on the screen.  
  • Main navigation bar is below header image to start and is sticky once your scroll past it.  Many people totally miss the navigation bar since it is above the header image to start with.
  • Ability to change the colors on many more elements throughout the page.

Attachment Dashboard.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Chris Kenniburg

Re: Some cool new features for Pioneer Theme

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It's looking good Chris!

Thanks for the update.

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Farhan Karmali -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Chris,

This is really very nice, eagerly looking forward to the next version. I was hunting for it on github smile

I am using the pioneer theme on one of the moodle sites I manage. I have had to add some more eye candy to the blocks

Just thought id share incase you want me to initiate a pull request for the css

Also I had worked on the circular progress bars for the course as well as for each section

Though a lot of it is done using generico filters, sometimes I have overridden renderers for getting values from the database , you can see more details here https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=324771#p1334032

In reply to Farhan Karmali

by Chris Kenniburg -

That is nice!

If you don't mind, can you share it?  I will take a look and see if it makes sense to include this style.  I may even add a block style toggle so I might be able to add several "block style themes" that are selectable from the theme admin.

by Farhan Karmali -

Hi

Thank you for your 1.3.8 release, I have installed it and started working on it .

I have attached the css for the blocks , this is from v 1.3.6 . Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help

In reply to Farhan Karmali

by Chris Kenniburg -

Thanks Farhan!  

What I did was incorporate some of what you shared along with some additional options. 

In the next minor release the blocks will utilize the icon colors to fill the header area of the block much like what you shared.  

I added a color picker for the Block Title Text as well as a color picker that will change the color of all block header areas to a single color.  If you leave the Block Header Color picker empty it will be multicolored.  If you set this then all blocks will be consistent with the same color.  

Attachment blocks.png

by Savina Francisco -

I'm brand new to Moodle and I'm really looking forward to using this theme! Where can I get it when it comes out?

In reply to Savina Francisco

by Richard Oelmann -

I believe Chris pushed out the latest version to the plugins database yesterday https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_pioneer

But the last day or so, he and I have been working on some more features (or extending the featured courses slider one anyway) that may make it into an update soon, unless Chris got them in there before he pushed it out smile

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Chris Kenniburg -

I am going to push out the 1.4 version soon.  I want to see if I can fix up some of our more recent features.  I had worked a solution for slider titles but yours is very nice.  I may go that route.

by Savina Francisco -

Hey Chris, I love your theme! But I'm having some issues...I accidentally replied to Richard's comment instead of yours. Could you please look at my comment under Richard's? Thank you!

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Savina Francisco -

Awesome - thank you! I just downloaded it but I don't know if I'm doing something wrong...The header is super skinny, to the point where a picture won't be able to be seen on it, and there are no sliders. Can you please tell me how to set the sliders up (or is there a document that explains it)?  Thank you again for the info & help!

This is what it looks like (is the header supposed to be so skinny or is that where a logo is intended to go? In the pictures in the video, I thought it was a lot wider):

abc

In reply to Savina Francisco

by Chris Kenniburg -

I will make a video today.  

Header images have a page in theme admin.  You can control the height by picking from a drop down the px you want.  Some like more image and some less.

Sliders, slideshow, etc are on Dashboard page in theme admin.  They rely on courses and each course having a picture in course summary files area.