how to view PHP pages in Moodle 2.6+

how to view PHP pages in Moodle 2.6+

by Mark Hardwick -
Number of replies: 3

it's been a few years since I had to get to the PHP mode.  Could someone remind me what to do to enter these pages.  I don't plan on making changes but I'm working with importing and exporting via Excel and I need to know the exact names so I can make my Excel files match.  

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Hardwick

Re: how to view PHP pages in Moodle 2.6+

by Mark Hardwick -

To be more specific, I'm looking for the enrollment page and the grades page. 

For 3 years or so we've been using Access to generate the enrollments, then saving it into an Excel - CSV file, then dropping it into Moodle enrollment via drag-and-drop.  I want to add a field to the student info under the student number field and maybe another field so I'm trying to find the actual php language for this field.  Next, I'm developing an export from the grades via Excel and bringing them back into Access so I need to check the field names in grades so I can make my excel export file and the Access files match Moodle.  So the enrollment page and the grade page is what I'm needing to View.

Thanks,

Mark    

by Mark Hardwick -

Just an update,

One item we needed to add to the grades export was the students number that we assign.  We found the "ID number" in the optional fields that could be used for this purpose and was a default in the Excel grades export, so we guessed several times at what the PHP version of this would be and got it to go when we used "idnumber" which is small letters and no spaces.  We then added idnumber to the import file that drives the user upload data and now have both user import and grade export working well.  I would still like to know what the combination is to unlock the PHP mode for each page because we are not quite done with setting up to move data.

Thanks,

Mark 

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Well, the php for pages is in the moodle code folder, but in terms of what field names to use in an export like you seem to be looking for, I would recommend taking a look at the database tables and field names rather than ploughing through the php code. Quicker and easier (I think).

Use phpmyadmin or adminer to access your database and browse the relevant tables and make a note of the field names.