HTTP ERROR 500

HTTP ERROR 500

by Isidro Navea -
Number of replies: 5

Good day!

I have a full functioning Moodle site but then later on this afternoon this Error occurred. I think I have no error on the theme codes since I transferred it to another Moodle and worked perfectly fine. I also want to try the "turn on debugging mode" so that I can see the reason causing this error but I really can't access the site.

Please guys, help me walk through this problem so that I can fix it. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. It's really important, that I fix this ASAP. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Isidro Navea

Re: HTTP ERROR 500

by James McLean -

Have you made any recent changes to the Moodle code? Any changes to server config, or environment?

Next, check your PHP error logs. 

Probably in /var/log/php, alternatively check your php.ini ( 'php -i | grep php.ini' to find the location php knows about) for the location of the log (check for the error_log directive, 'php -i | grep error_log', or set it: http://php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.configuration.php#ini.error-log ). Also ensure 'log_errors' is set to 'On' also. Any changes here require web server restart to apply.

If that doesn't show anything, increase the error level in php.ini, and restart your web server.

Make sure the configuration item 'display_errors' is set to Off, so that the errors are not shown to anyone looking at the site from the public Internet, as this may give away potentially sensitive information about your environment.

Also check Apache error logs (assuming you are using Apache), as it may be a genuine Apache server error.

In reply to James McLean

by Isidro Navea -

Yes, I modified the Elegance theme. But even when I restore the original files from the theme the problem still persist. Assuming was no changes on the web server. What's is the logical solution for this?

In reply to Isidro Navea

by James McLean -

There could be a number of causes. Likely it's a PHP file which is not parsing; but that's why I suggest reading the log files - they will provide the answer, or clue towards that answer.

In reply to James McLean

by Isidro Navea -
Ok thank you very much... Will try this now right away. I'm using ubuntu.
In reply to James McLean

by Isidro Navea -

Good day James, 

Thank you . Already fixed the issue it seems that there are some files missing on the moodle folder and replacing it fixed the issue