Random Question Grades

Random Question Grades

by Sam Suresh -
Number of replies: 2
Gambar Plugin developers

Hi

Is there any work around so Moodle will use actual points as per question bank for each questions without reset to 1.00 when adding a random question to quiz? 

For example I have 100 question with different points in the question bank. When added to a quiz as manually picked question, the points are honored. But when added as random question, the points are default to 1.00 which doesn't make sense.

Is there any workaround for random questions to honor questions points as is?

Thanks in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Suresh

Re: Random Question Grades

by Tim Hunt -
Gambar Core developers Gambar Documentation writers Gambar Particularly helpful Moodlers Gambar Peer reviewers Gambar Plugin developers

Short answer no.

Longer answer: If you want each student to get something like 5 3-point questions, 5 2-point questions and 5 1-point questions, then you can do it. Put each value of question in a different category in the question bank, and add 5 form each. (This is also fairer, in some senses.)

Or, perhaps you are looking for a different type of activity, like https://moodle.org/plugins/mod_qpractice

In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Random Question Grades

by Sam Suresh -
Gambar Plugin developers

Thank you Tim.

I have created multiple categories and allocating different points to different categories.

And since points cannot be allocated at category level, I still need key in points manually to each questions according to category in the quiz. Although this is time consuming for 100 question test, it works as expected. 

Thank you.