Bug report for multiple choice question type

Bug report for multiple choice question type

by H Singh -
Number of replies: 1

You can say that in generating the conditions that trigger the bug, I have taken the multiple choice question to where it was perhaps not designed to go for sane people, but it is a legitimate use case all the same.

I just created (on Moodle 2.8) a multiple choice question with 28 options (multiple answers allowed). After 26, when it ran out of letters of the alphabet, it used "{" and "|" as the labels after a,..,z.

This is a bug report. Please fix when possible.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to H Singh

Re: Bug report for multiple choice question type

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

That is not a bug. If you want to 'number' the choices with letters of the alphabet, then obviously you cannot have more than 26 choices!

There is an option for how the choices should be numbered. You can choose no numbering, or a), b), c), ... or 1), 2), 3), ... I suggest you make a different choice.

Then only bug I see is, perhaps we should prevent you from creating a question with a), b), c), numbering, and more than 26 choices. (In the form validation code.)