DFWiki strikes back!!! import export dfwiki course.. variable editor and markup... It was worth waiting for??

DFWiki strikes back!!! import export dfwiki course.. variable editor and markup... It was worth waiting for??

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 18
Hi friends !
we're back... we are finally releasing a new dfwiki version
NEW features:
import export to xml feature
backup and restore
dfwiki course - experimental version
multi editor dfwiki... you can choose the editor type when you create the new page...
You can dowload it from the dfwiki page
http://appserv.lsi.upc.es/palangana/moodle/course/view.php?id=15
but caution you mush download the latest development version ... rev 2005102002.
This days will be a hig activity in the dfwiki page because we are testing and
fixing bugs and issues fiercelly.
Please be carefull with the restore/import option if the destination wiki is allready filled with content. Note that this is a preliminar version and we don't still consider it stable. Said this I have updated the dfwiki home and I have succeded in exporting and importing large dfwikis.

I want to give special thanks to the brand new members of the dfwiki team : Antonio, Juan, Gilbert, Berna and the old guys Ferran and David!
You're great !
Ludo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: DFWiki strikes back!!! import export dfwiki course.. variable editor and markup... It was worth waiting for??

by Jon Streeter -

thank you!

i do get the following error when i try to restore a backup:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '*' in / blah blah my dir path /mod/dfwiki/restorelib.php on line 267

Also:

i get a formatdfwiki text in the pulldown menu for the course format selection - i did install the language files.

using moodle Moodle 1.5.2 + (2005060223)

Also:

i get a 'Course module is incorrect' after changing my existing courseformat to formatdfwiki. Unfortunately i can no longer enter the course.  i will go into phpmyadmin and see if i can change the course back to a topic fomat

but the other features are very welcome - i am especially interested in the wiki coursetype.

jon

In reply to Jon Streeter

Re: DFWiki strikes back!!! import export dfwiki course.. variable editor and markup... It was worth waiting for??

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Thanks fro tying the module,
thjis error hapopens when you make the backup or the export..
we try to fix it today!
Regards
Marc
ps. try please this atached files
In reply to Jon Streeter

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI Jon,
speking with the team we've realised that we didn't test the dfwiki course by changing the course kind sonrojado , we simply tested it by creating a new course.
We'll try to fix this issue ASAP.
Regards
Marc
In reply to Jon Streeter

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI,
we just released a new version wich fixes some bugs in the backup / restore feature. Please jon, can you try it and tell us if your bug persists or is fixed?
Resource dfwiki_1.0_rev2005102701.zip 
Thanks
Marc

by Jon Streeter -

This is what i get when i run the backup procedure:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /bla bla bla my path/mod/dfwiki/backuplib.php on line 220

Course Module ID was incorrect

-jon

In reply to Jon Streeter

by Jon Streeter -

any further suggestions? does anyone else get this error? maybe i need to reinstall moodle

-jon

In reply to Jon Streeter

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -

HI Jon,

can you email a message with the exact conditions to replicate this bug.

I also strongly suggest you to user the EXPORT TO XML / IMPORT FROM XML to replicate dfwikis.

http://appserv.lsi.upc.es/palangana/moodle/mod/dfwiki/view.php?id=178&page=import%20export%20tutorial

Regards

Marc  

by Jon Streeter -

Marc,

I have created a template course that includes several dfWikis.  The error happens when i login as a teacher and click the backup feature from the course menu.

It occurs when the backupfile is actually being made (after i get to choose the included options)

I have to replicated this template many times, and as such, it would not be optimal to have to import/export multiple dfwikis for each course.

Has anyone successfully backed up a course with dfWikis? if so i will try doing a clean moodle install and see if that makes a difference.

-jon

by Will Taylor -
Thanks for the update!
Am very excited about the dfWiki Course format.
Have installed this, and after setting up the page, rec'vd the following error message at top of course page:

object(stdClass)(6) { ["course"]=> string(3) "191" ["module"]=> string(2) "35" ["name"]=> string(12) "nom temporal" ["modulename"]=> string(6) "dfwiki" ["editable"]=> int(1) ["visible"]=> int(0) }

This went away after my first visit to the Edit tab & has not come back.

I'll be using this extensively, so will give you feedback on it!

It would be great to add an (optional?) "0 block" at the top (like the weekly format has)

thanks again -
Will Taylor
In reply to Will Taylor

by Will Taylor -
Oh wow Oh wow ...
Just noticed the on-the-fly selectable text editor drop-down box !!!!
What a great touch !!
- will
In reply to Will Taylor

dfWiki course format (a comment)

by Ger Tielemans -

I like the dfWiki course-format very much.

Again a nice addition to the "place one activity central in a course" movement.

Maybe I am not looking good enough, but I have the impression that:

•  I only can place a teacher dfWiki in the course area
    (Can I have a student dfWiki there?)
  • I have access to the normal Moodle blocks around the course, but loose the dfWiki blocks.
    (Can I have both?) 
  • I can place a student (or teacher) dfWiki in the social activity box on the left, so students can start their dfWiki there.. If I create several student(group) dfWiki's there, is it possible to export one of these studentgroup dfWiki's and import them as a full functioning dfWiki to the central dfWiki.
    (as the "dfWiki of the week" or so?...  and the next week another one??) 
In reply to Ger Tielemans

Re: dfWiki course format (a comment)

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -

Thank  you Ger,

let's answer by parts:

> I only can place a teacher dfWiki in the course area
>(Can I have a student dfWiki there?) 

Right now the only diference betwen a student and teacher dfwiki aree the permisions. The main course dfwiki is implemented throug a hidden dfwiki and the teacher can change its atributes and permisions.

>I have access to the normal Moodle blocks around the course, but loose >the dfWiki blocks. >(Can I have both?) 
Same question I asked to the programmers but seems to be problems with the import php directive. Unfortunatelly the blocks will have to be recoded as dfwiki course blocks.

We could start a quizz: Wich dfw modules you think are most usefull for a dfwiki-course ? So we could start rigth on it.

Anyway you can allways enter into the hidden ( wich can be unhidden) dfwiki and use the dfwiki as one. 

One idea would be : to allow many dfwiki frames into the main window (as in the theme format) and assign a wiki (dfwiki wiki and page) to each one. so the teacher would be able to higlight some wiki pages simply by selecting them.

I'll give to it some thougth ... This implies that we need context dfwiki links (as in mediawiki ) so we can make wiki links like courseid:dfwikiname:pagename or dfwikiname:pagename ... so we could implement multi-language dfwikis... for instance.

Any suggestion will be most wellcome!

Marc   

DFWiki Backup / Restore BUG Fixed!

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi,
tonight we fixed the bug reported by Jon...
  Resource dfwiki_1.0_rev2005110201.zip
This version fixes it.
Please send me feedback!
Marc

Re: DFWiki Backup / Restore BUG Fixed!

by Jon Streeter -

Ludo and team

thank you for being such a responsive team of developers - i am sorry to be the squeaky wheel...

i no longer get the line 220 error - however this error message appears on the page where the backup file is being created:

Creating temporary structures Deleting old data Creating XML file
  • Writing header
  • Writing general info
  • Writing course data
  • Writing users info
  • Writing categories and questions
  • Writing scales info
  • Writing groups info
  • Writing events info
  • Writing gradebook info
  • Writing modules info
    • Assignments
    • Chats
    • Choices
    • Forums
    • Glossaries
    • Journals
    • Labels
    • Lessons
    • Quizzes
    • Resources
    • SCORMs
    • Surveys
    • Wikis
    • Workshops
    • Hot Potatoes Quizzes
    • Questionnaires
    • dfwikis

Course Module ID was incorrect

Thanks for all your hard work!!!

-jon

In reply to Jon Streeter

Re: DFWiki Backup / Restore BUG Fixed!

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -

Noted,

we'll take a look at it.

Please, send me your email so we can ask you more details if we don't succeed in reproducing your bug.

Regards

Marc 

by Will Taylor -
I've run into what appears to be a bug - my dfWiki installation accepts only a limited number of internal links ... on a page.  After 19 of these, the rest are rendered incorrectly; e.g., as the 20th internal link on a page,
displays as:
Taylor">Will">Taylor

- will
In reply to Will Taylor

by Jon Streeter -

i can confirm this bug - I have run into it several times (every time actually)

also -

for MediaWIki:

=Heading 1=

==Heading 2==

===Heading 3==

and dfWiki seems to be along the lines of:

===Heading 1===

==Heading 2==

=Heading 3=

as if more equal signs make higher rank.  It is the opposite of the logic behind the mediawiki markup - dont know if anyone else noticed this, its is just a little disconcerting when going from editing one to the other. is this deliberate?

-jon

In reply to Will Taylor

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
HI will,
can you send me by email the text content that generates this bug so we can work on it?
Thank you for the feedback.
Marc