HTTP Status 401-LoginFailed-authentication error, when open a LAMS lesson from Moodle

HTTP Status 401-LoginFailed-authentication error, when open a LAMS lesson from Moodle

by Jose Godoy -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all.

I have ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Lams 2.4

Moodle 2.7

I have Lams and Moodle Integrated in my server.

I can add a LAMS lesson from moodle. Also i can Author a new LAMS lesson from Moodle.

All seems ok, but when i take the LAMS lesson from some course i get the next error:

HTTP Status 401 - Login Failed - authentication error

type Status report

message Login Failed - authentication error

description This request requires HTTP authentication (Login Failed - authentication error).

JBoss Web/2.1.3.GA

Please, some help here.

Thanks.

Bye.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jose Godoy

Re: HTTP Status 401-LoginFailed-authentication error, when open a LAMS lesson from Moodle

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

As per my reply to your previous post:

"However, given that LAMS2.4 was released in 2012 and the last post I can see on their forum about the Moodle integration refers to is 'maybe' working on Moodle2.5, and that no such plugin appears on the Moodle database, then I would suggest your best place to get the support for this plugin is through LAMS themselves."

If what you are looking for is a way to author content for your Moodle pages, i would strongly recommend some of the more upto date tools available such as Xerte, or H5P. These are currently supported with upto date versions of Moodle and are powerful tools in themselves. You could also look at commercial tools such as Adobe, or the many other alternatives which create SCORM compliant content.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: HTTP Status 401-LoginFailed-authentication error, when open a LAMS lesson from Moodle

by Albert Ramsbottom -

The plugin is outdated and no longer works

Albert