Dialogue is very quirky

Dialogue is very quirky

by Kimerly Wilcox -
Number of replies: 0

Here are the issues I'm finding (in Moodle 3.0 - I think)

• If the drop-down list of potential recipients is accessed, but no recipient is chosen, the drop-down list becomes unavailable until the page is refreshed.
  • If a recipient is chosen, then deleted, the drop-down list becomes unavailable until the page is refreshed.
  • Once a conversation is closed, it cannot be reopened.
  • If in a Group, a student can only initiate a conversation with other group members (and the instructor) UNLESS
    • The instructor creates a Group (not a Grouping) that includes all students OR
    • The instructor adds the student role to those who can "access all groups" in Dialogue Permissions.

This would definitely benefit from some context sensitive help! For example, I managed to close some conversations when I thought I was just backing out of them. It would be nice to get a warning that this is permanent. Even nicer if there were a way to re-open them. wink

Also, in the expanded Bulk Open Rule (and why not call it Bulk Opener, or Send to Group?), it really isn't clear what the cut-off date does or refers to, and the date fields are grayed out unless "Include future members" is selected, BUT - clicking the calendar icon allows the date to be changed, even if grayed out. Does that do anything?

I guess I'm mostly venting, but also wondering if others are having these issues or finding them problematic.

Average of ratings: -