LDAP sync users job

Re: LDAP sync users job

by Farhad Arshad -
Number of replies: 2

Yes they are Moodle users.

Best Regards,

Farhad Arshad

Follow Us

cid:image001.gif@01D21FF4.8D2529F0cid:image002.gif@01D21FF4.8D2529F0 cid:image003.gif@01D21FF4.8D2529F0

From: Emma Richardson (via Moodle.org) [mailto:noreply@moodle.org]
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2017 5:23 PM
To: Farhad Arshad <farhad.arshad@infosecurity.com.pk>
Subject: Moodle in English: Re: LDAP sync users job

Picture of Emma Richardson

by Emma Richardson - Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 7:52 PM

Are all of the ldap users Moodle users?  You could use the object field to limit how many users are actually synced.

You can reply to this via email.

In reply to Farhad Arshad

by Toni Sutoni -

I have problem using LDAP when user is first time login in moodle mobile. They will appear dialog box error  and will redirect to browser.

For temporary solution:

1. i must upload user with coloum auth : ldap ,  firstname : not null , lastname : not null (must be fill).

2. edit profile user with manager role, fill in lastname and then update.

In reply to Toni Sutoni

by Leon Stringer -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Toni,

I suspect the issue is because one of the user fields —  first name, surname, email address — either isn't being populated by your upload, or is being inadvertently wiped when read from LDAP.

I would check the data mapping for your LDAP source (under Site administrationPluginsAuthenticationLDAP server) and make sure each of the above three fields is mapped to the expected value and that each of these returns a value which isn't blank.

This issue doesn't seem to be related to the issues on this post. If you still have problems please post a new question in the Authentication forum.

Good luck,

Leon