Integrating the Question Bank to the Lesson Module

Re: Integrating the Question Bank to the Lesson Module

by Joseph Thibault -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Tim, that may be necessary. I have pulled together the feedback I got from here and on the MUA site, I think we have a good draft but I don't doubt that your familiarity with the Question Bank and Quiz will be invaluable to any changes for the Lesson to utilize the Question bank. 

Cheers, 

Joe

In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Elton LaClare -

Although I have nothing specific to add in terms of how best to integrate the question bank into the Lesson, I would like to add my voice to those who believe this would be a terrific development for a module that has great potential. Now if we could just persuade Juan to make it available on the Moodle Mobile app...

In reply to Elton LaClare

by Albert Leatherman -

Integrating the question bank with the lesson module would open a lot of doors for my classes. In particular, I think it would be helpful to building adaptive tests, especially if there were an option in lesson to use a question that has not yet been seen in any clusters, not just the current cluster, as described here: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=338037#p1362714. Thanks.

In reply to Albert Leatherman

by Elton LaClare -

I agree that having a wider range of question types would be a huge boost to the Lesson module. If you followed the developments of the Moodle Users' Association last year, you might have noticed that making the entire suite of question types available to the Lesson Module was one of their proposed projects. (Actually it was the project that received the most votes in member balloting). Unfortunately, the cost and complexity of project led the Association to choose a different undertaking (a revamped Dashboard, I believe). I still think there's a lot of hunger for this among Moodle users, so it's good to continue discussing it in the forums...    

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Elton LaClare

by Stephen Bourget -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I just submitted a scaled back version of Joseph's MUA project proposal from a year ago for the next round of MUA projects.  It focuses specifically on the Question bank integration and excludes pieces such as the drag / drop interface redesign.  MUA members can view the project proposal here: https://moodleassociation.org/mod/page/view.php?id=445

Average of ratings: Useful (1)