Completion Progress block

Combined progress on Dashboard page

by Leny Man -
Number of replies: 5

Hello Michael!

In the description of this wonderful plugin it says: Combined progress on Dashboard page.

Then in the documentation read: Adding the Completion Progress block to the Dashboard shows users a combined view of their progress from all the courses they are enrolled in (where the block is configured).

I did the indicated steps but what I get is an individual bar for each of the courses in which the student is enrolled.

On my test site I have 2 courses on my dashboard with different activities.
Inside each course I configured a block with the plugin. Everything ok.
I added a block to the dashboard but a progress bar appears for each course.

I expected a single bar with the combined progression of both courses.

Let's assume the following scenario: one of the courses is 40% complete and the other course is 80% complete. I need the block on the dashboard to have a single progress bar showing the combined percentage of both courses which would be 60%

Instead the block has two bars with the title and the corresponding progress of each course, 40% and 80% in this case.

Is this correct? If so, have I misunderstood the Combined Progress feature? Can I configure it to get what I need?

Im using Moodle 3.11 and Completion Progress 2021070900

Thanks in advance. Greetings.

In reply to Leny Man

Re: Combined progress on Dashboard page

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
This is the way it works. There is one progress bar per course, because activity progress is per course.

To get what you want, where there is a single bar with the average progress of all or specific courses, you would need to create a new plugin or to have this plugin modified to do that (which would not be trivial). It's not possible to do that currently with this plugin.

Also, Michael is no longer the maintainer of this plugin (see its plugin page) but you could consider making a feature request.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Leny Man -
Hi Randy.
I really appreciate that you took your time to answer me. You have clarified my doubts which is important to me. Thank you!
I will consider your advice about making a feature request wink
Thank you very much!
In reply to Leny Man

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Leny,

No problem. What you are asking for would be a very valuable addition or plugin. To a limited extent, the Course overview block does show progress per course, but it has a lot of quirks.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Leny Man -

Hi Randy.
That's right! ;)
Thank you very much!!

In reply to Leny Man

by John Iglar -

Dear Randy and Leny,

I'm in a similar situation to Leny. We want an overview of the students' progress across multiple courses. We CAN get it for the students to see. Screenshot below:

screenshot of multiple completion tracking progress bars

This was achieved by adding this block to profile pages. For students, they can now track their progress across multiple courses.

Our dilemma: how can we get this visible to their tutors? I'd rather not have the tutors log in as the student, but I want them to see their tutees' bars. They can get to the students' profile pages but the block shows their own (the tutor's) bar and not the student's.

Any ideas?

TIA!