Completion Progress block

Re: Completion Progress block

by Sean Ford -
Number of replies: 7

Hi Michael,

I really like this block!  Am I missing how to apply it site-wide without having to enable per user?

In reply to Sean Ford

by Michael de Raadt -

Hi, Sean.

Here is some information about adding blocks site-wide.

https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Block_settings#.27Sticky_blocks.27

In reply to Michael de Raadt

by Mark Hayes -

Hi Michael - Very eager to try M3.2; is the plugin 3.2-ready?

In reply to Mark Hayes

by Rob Monk -

Can I set a pass mark on an Assignment?

On the old progress bar we could set a pass mark on the Assignment module then when students submitted the assignment the bar would go Yellow. (Handed in but not assessed yet). The teacher would mark the assignment and if the student reached the passing grade the bar would go green. If they didn't it would go red. Is this possible with completion Progress?

With the progress bar you could have more than one progress bar on your course. Is this possible with completion progress?

We've gone a bit backwards here as we have to now set the assignment due date and the expected completion date. Why have to do that twice?

In reply to Rob Monk

by Michael de Raadt -

Hi, Rob.

Yes, you can use pass marks still. Set a pass mark as normal then set your activity completion setting to use that. There's also still a special extra that shows submission in yellow.

You can have more than one instance of the Completion Progress block and select the relevant activities for each in the block settings.

It would be nice if Activity Completion understood activities like Assignment a little better and allowed you to lock the expected date to the due date. Unfortunately I can't control that from the block, but perhaps someone could put up a fix for that.

Michael

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Hayes

by Michael de Raadt -

Hi, Mark.

I've been working with it under the latest 3.2 branch and it seems to be working as expected. I'm implementing a few changes and hope to have a new version out soon, but in the meantime, you can use the latest version on 3.2.

Michael

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Michael de Raadt

by Peter Traenkle -
Hi Michael,
First of all, thanks a lot for the great plugin!
My issue: On an existing Moodle site (v.3.9.16) with approx. 400+ courses I attempt (1) to enable the block on all course pages site-wide as well as (2) dashboard-block showing progress-bars for all enrolled courses of a user.
So while (1) works out (after adding the block on "Site home" + set its appearance site-wide) it is displayed on all course-pages but not in the "overview-block" on dashboard.
The "empty" "overview-block" on dashboard showed the string " No Completion Progress blocks are set up for your courses."
So I looked up in the database-table "mdl_block_instances" for any entries associated with the completion_progress block and there weren't any.
But when I add a "completion_progress" block manually within the courses, the respective progress was shown on in the overview block on the dashboard and a new entry appeared in the mentioned database-table.

Would you happen to have a hint for me, how to enable the block for all courses and having an overview on the dashboard?

Many thanks and best regards

Peter

ps: Before posting I searched the forum, the repo's issues (bug tracker) as well as the web and also read the relevant docs on how to add blocks and make them available site-wide.