Assignement settings: how to display Annotate pdf column

Assignement settings: how to display Annotate pdf column

by Susanna Wesson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I have set up two assignments, one which requires a pdf submission and another which requires no submission.

For the first assignment, the one which required a pdf submission, I wanted to download the annotated pdf, but found no way to do this.

Then, as I was viewing the second assignment, I noticed a column in the table of assignments called 'Annotate pdf' (even though this assignment required no submission and, so, no annotated pdf).

The feedback settings are the same for both assignments and yet I cannot make the 'Annotate pdf' column appear in the first assignment.

This is in Moodle 2.9.

Could anyone suggest where I've gone wrong?

Thank you for your help,

Susanna

Attachment Display Annotate PDFcolumn.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susanna Wesson

Re: Assignement settings: how to display Annotate pdf column

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I believe - if an assignment requires no submission, then there should be no annotate column since you will have nothing to annotate. Also, even if you do have a file upload assignment, I still don't think the Annoate column appears until you have annotated a PDF upload first. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Assignement settings: how to display Annotate pdf column

by Susanna Wesson -

Dear John,

Thank you for spending time on this. It does seem illogical for there to be an annotated pdf column if no submission is required, but perhaps 'not required' should be understood as 'possible but not mandatory', which explains why the column does appear, in case you need it.

I'm sorry, in fact I had just discovered the (very simple) answer just as your message came through: it was just a difference in display between my two assignments. I needed to scroll down to the bar to display the extreme right-hand side of the page where I found the Annotate pdf column. It was just not in the same place as in my other assignment.

Many thanks. Problem solved.

Susanna