problems with different views

problems with different views

by Sidd Lep -
Number of replies: 3

Hello!

I created 10 different fields  and two views. The first five fields belong to view 1 and the rest of fields belong to view 2.

When I fill in the form of view 1, it happen that system also create empty fields in view 2. If I delete one entry in view 2, then it also delete entry of view 1. Somehow, the views are connected and every change in one view reflect also on the second view. 

So, is there any solution where I can create two and more views which are independent of another views, so that any change or entry in first view is not reflecting in second view.

I use the views for creating application form, and views are representing the chapters of the application form.

Any solutions?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sidd Lep

No problems with different views

by Itamar Tzadok -

The dataform user content resides in entries. Views are merely means for displaying the content entries in various ways. If you want to distinguish types of entries and then use designated views for each type you can do the following. Add a select or radio field to store the entry type. Create a filter for each type. Assign a type filter to the respective view.

Tip: to assign an entry type automatically when the user adds an entry use a separate radio button field with one option for each type and set the default content of the field to its option. When the entry  form opens the field option will already be selected and b/c it is a radio field the user won't be able to unselect it (or at least it won't be too easy).

As of next version, entry type becomes an integral part of the entry (rather than by user field) and views can be restricted to a type by configuration (rather than by a filter).

hth smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

Odgovor: No problems with different views

by Sidd Lep -

Well, meanwhile I partially solved this problem limiting the participant to only one entry.

But, now I have another problem as the students cannot add more entries in some views.

For example. 

There is a text field named "Project description" and it is designated to view 1. They need to fill in this filed only once, and I solved this limiting them to only one entry.

However, I have another field called "activities", where they need to add one entry for each activity they plan to do in their project. Activities form are part of View 2. So, if there are five planned activities, they need to add five entries.

In my scenario, they cannot add more entries (fields) for activities in View 2.

So, my question is:

Is it possible to limit the students for adding more than one entry in one view, and allow them to add many entries in second view.

Thank you.

In reply to Sidd Lep

Re: Odgovor: No problems with different views

by Itamar Tzadok -

Currently there is no way that I can think of to restrict number of entries the user can add per view or per field content for that matter.

You can work around that, by adding the "project" entries on behalf of the students. You can bulk import such entries via a csv view. Students will enter the project description in these entries. All the other entries they will add in another view will be the activity entries. So you don't have to limit the number of entries in the activity level.

hth smile